Monday 29 February 2016

LEAP YEAR......Week 9 in Charlottetown PEI

     On Monday we met with our investigator and were able to continue in teaching her. 

     On Tuesday we were in Summerside for the whole day for an exchange... it was fun! We attempted to go street contacting but like no one was on the streets (only in Charlottetown are people on the streets). We helped someone move today, they are not a member and her friend was not a member either! So the 5 missionaries helped move her and it was easy not many things. After this she gave us a Tims cards, with an unknown amount, for helping her. The apartment we were staying in - long story short - no one has been in that apartment for like a week or two and when we were there the smell that was in the apartment was NASTY UN describable! But overall a good day in Summerside. When ever I hear Summerside I think of the sunny side daycare in toy story 3 hahaha. 

     On Wednesday PRESIDENT PRATT WAS HERE. He is such an amazing person words cannot describe the love he has for his missionaries. He was here to interview us. So after district meeting we went to buy some doughnuts with the Tims card - with the unknown amount. So me and my comp went and the mission presidents wife gave us some more money in case the card had limited funds and so we could buy doughnuts for the whole district. So we went to Tims and the card had $30.00 on it like so much! So being young and the not wise missionaries that we are, and not following our parents council to be wise with your money and don't spend it all in one spot, we spent it all right there 24 doughnuts, 50 timbits, and 6 muffins! When we got back to the church everyone ate well. That night we ate shrimp - butterfly shrimp ohhh soo goood worth every penny we spent on it. I will miss good shrimp, covered in badder.

     On Thursday WE WENT TO BRITS FISH AND CHIPS - GOOD FOOD. Later that night we also went knocking with a perspective elder. Well it started to rain here and there and then well the heavens opened we were really wet that night but it was in the service of God so who cares!
 
     On Friday it is the day of the soup kitchen! Well...... it was what I thought, today the monks were in charge - like the Chinese monks and Mackenna wouldn't let us leave without eating because that would be terrible! So we ate but I wasn't here to make the food so I was petrified. Naturally and they served us and I was like ok,beef and pasta with a cup cake, I can do that! I stared eating and there was a funny taste buy hey whatever. Then, I don't not know why, but Mackenna said it was TOFU - SO I GAVE UP, I WAS DONE , I CALLED IT QUITS but my companion and Mackenna had none of it, they made sure I ate it all! I ate most of it and gave up, it was veggie meat like not actual meat! WHY I ASK WHY? That night our investigator was not available so we rescheduled for the next night.
 
     On Saturday in the morning we went went to help somebody we found on the streets while contacting. She needed help moving so we offered and she said OK. The night prior we found two men from the ward we asked to help and they accepted :) and when we got there we saw all the boxes in the hall organized and thought we will be out in not time at all, which was true. It was a quick move and she was super appreciative. She gave us hugs, we helped her out in ways we didn't even know.  
 
     On Sunday Elder Edge was sick :( so we ended up staying home from church and I thought to myself, you never really know how much you miss church until you can't go. It was hard staying in the apartment most of the day. We went to a little bit of YSA and it was good to get out of the apt. 


I WOULD LIKE ALL WHO READS THIS BLOG POST TO PLEASE COMMIT TO FIND A GENERAL CONFERENCE TALK (PREFERABLY RECENTLY) BUT DOES NOT MATTER AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS...
 
(1) READ IT 
(2) SHARE IT WITH ME 
(3) AND SHARE IT WITH SOME ONE YOU KNOW
(4) AND HOW YOU WILL CHANGE BECAUSE OF IT .

I WILL DO THE SAME - I WILL READ THE TALK AND SHARE WITH YOU HOW I WILL CHANGE (email me back at bradley.rodgers@myldsmail.net)

You may ask Why am I asking you to commit to this - well, because we all can benefit from conference, it can bless our life in many ways! So please follow and make the commitment! I look forward to hearing from you!


Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers


I get a lot of comments on my hat and how well it will fit in in Detroit

ready for service 

Average day of study

confused study

Bored at night

pretty











No comments:

Post a Comment