Monday 1 February 2016

STORM YES, VISA NO.....Week 5 in Charlottetown PEI

     We had a storm this week it was only like 6 inches so not much at all - but it still snowed!
      
     On Wednesday we had a district meeting where I learned so much on inviting people to help assist in fellow shipping members. That day we did exchanges with the Montague Elders. Elder Smith came here and Elder Taufer went there. Elder smith is one of the visa waiters like me. We met back in July 2015 at Calgary EFY and then we flew down to the MTC together and sat beside each other on the plane. Then we flew to HALIFAX together so it was neat to see him and serve with him. I started my journey with him and I am still going with him. 

     Every Friday night we go to the soup kitchen to volunteer and the lady that runs the place on Friday nights is truly an amazing person and a great example of humility, she goes above and beyond. Her cooking is amazing (sorry mom) she has yet to disappoint. She makes the best meals and at the end of the night we get to eat. This last time we had mashed potatoes, veggies, gravy and pork. It was sooo good and when we were about to leave she gave us all the extras. So like tons of food for the three of us and a whole bag of doughnuts from like Timmys, it is soo good. 

     Okay so PEI has a ice cream place called Cows and it is by far thee best ice cream I've ever had. The price is ridiculous but the ice cream is so good. You have to try it if you are ever here.

      On Saturday we helped a less active family move down the street. I love to help people move but that morning we woke up to a ton of snow but people showed up and the move went great. Later that night we had a dinner appointment with a member from Taiwan. He lives here for like a few weeks then flies back and repeats. We got to his place and he said we are going to a Chinese restaurant  and all the sudden my heart dropped because I'm so picky but I realized that it was a buffet so at least I had some choice. After it was over I was full and it was sooo good. So I guess we just have to try new things because we don't know what the outcome could be. Most of what I ate wasn't anything new but some was. I know that when we go out of our comfort zone and try new things, not just new food but new experiences, we will be blessed. 

     This week was great in general. We did so much and learned so much. We are currently teaching 2 investigators one from Africa and one form China both are amazing people. 

Love the one and the only Elder Rodgers. 


On Thursday we woke up to a little snow!



We cover the middle area of PEI

1 comment:

  1. Elder Rodgers, We've been to P.E.I. but it was in the fall, so no snow. And we've had Cows ice-cream and agree it is delicious!! Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers that you will do great things and that your Visa will come soon. I checked the Detroit weather and it's a lot warmer there right now.Take care, The Leishmans

    ReplyDelete