Tuesday, 6 September 2016

"Because I am from Lethbridge" ....Week 11 in Monroe

     Monday - Preparation day a true blessing! So last Monday Elder Musich and I played chess and I got ticked, I could never win! Then we played my favorite game, Guess Who and I lost like 7-2. I only won twice, it was a bad day. Later that night we travelled to Lambertville to try and stop by someone, we get there and she is not home, it was ok, instead we just visited some people the Bishop recommended. 

     The next day Elder Musich had psychical therapy and that was alright. That afternoon we had a type of referral, the north Elders got a text from a former investigator who wanted to meet with us so we had a lesson with him that afternoon and it was great. He was like, what can I do to prepare for baptism! He has meet with lots of Elders in the past and each time comes closer. We believe this is the time final time. Tonight we had our Book of Mormon class and it was sweet! So much insight, then we talked to some people and later we went to read the Book of Mormon with a less active. 

     Wednesday was slow, we had to take our car in and that took a while then we had some food and then some language study and then therapy and then we went down to Lambertville and actually met with one of our investigators, she was home this time! We had a great mini lesson with her and talked a lot aboot faith (yes I meat to say aboot). 

     Today, Super Planning and then language study so we didn't get out of the apartment till 3! We did finding and then we had dinner and we were on our way to the church for a church tour with one of our investigators and 20 min before she cancelled!! So we changed our game plan and went to find and during the finding we talked to this super cool person who told us to come by tomorrow evening. So, it was a builder of faith to me that the Lord knew we needed to talk with him so the tour had to be cancelled. Later that evening we had a lesson with a returning less active it was sweet!!!! 

     Zone Conference the next day that was super amazing! We were able to be instructed by so many people and to see and hear the miracle of President Cleveland was amazing it was a testimony to me that he has truly been called of God. After conference we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and Elder Fluckiger came here, that night we returned to the person who wanted us back and we discussed things and the next appointment may end up with him bashing or just set in his ways so we will see. Then we went with a member home teaching and that night he took us out to dinner to a quick restaurant.

     Saturday we went to the library to help someone with their family history and then we attended a ward baptism with one of our investigators. Later some great appointments and then we talked with someone who we meet with who wants to leave the church and return to the previous church they attended, so me and my companion testified that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the only true and correct church on the earth today. It was a testament to me that it really is, that no where else can you find the Priesthood Authority.  Later we exchanged back and I got my old companion back and we did some finding.

     Sunday was fast and testimony and again me and my companion gave the opening and closing prayers. We had the investigator who we started to meet with us again come to church! After when we were ready to leave and a member who is moving (who was born in Lethbridge) gave me a gift card to little Ceasers "because I am from Lethbridge it was sweet!" So in general a great week!

Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers




On exchange with Elder Fluckiger

Our serious look







No comments:

Post a Comment