Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Four Seasons in Monroe ...Week 39 in Monroe

     So I have finally hit all four official season in Monroe! I started with Summer then moved to fall then winter and now it is spring! It's crazy! So starting off our week we had our preparation day. We went to Cracker Barrel and it was alright, I got some lunch special. Then we played lots of board games and then our lesson fell trough that evening with (TM) a former investigator. We went to the library so Elder Coles could do more 'my plan' before he fly's home! Tonight night we saw Brother FE. 

     In the morning we went to a food pantry and again more food for me! I took home like 20 protein shakes and 3 pounds of bananas for my morning breakfast. Serving there was great! My companion took a person through and found out she was an inactive member (S) and wanted to start coming again, it was crazy! I took a person through and they were odd... but hey I am too, so it was a balanced effort. That evening we had a lesson with a part member family (B's) and taught their child and it was great, they have great questions! Then we went to the church for cookie night and only one member showed up so one Elder went out and we waited. Good day. Oh and I also have this not fun stuffy nose so it also made the day feel like it was longer. 

     Wednesday we drove to district meeting today and I gave a white handbook instruction on Elders dress attire. We had a good practice on teaching just the doctrine, and then had lunch and finding. For dinner we had lasagna at a members home and it was great! That evening we saw Brother FE.

     Thursday we went to offer up our service at Habitat 4 Humanity. We got to take a sledge hammer to La-Z-Boy couches and recliners! It was great, lots of fun. We also got to price things, it was good. All that destruction made us hungry so we went to a Chinese buffet... YUM! Later some finding and dinner and some service at the pantry. We had a lesson with Brother FE. 

     Friday was Week Planning Day. After that we did finding and for dinner ,on Saint Patrick's day we went to a members. We had brats and beans and salad. They were spicy brats... wow, but I managed - barely. After we drove to Riverview to go on exchange with the district leader. 

     Saturday, for those of you who didn't know, it was NATIONAL CORN DOG DAY!! So we went to Sonic for 50 cent corn dogs! It was great... 50 cent Dogs wrapped in corn! We saw someone Elders Coles knew when we served in Riverview, he was a cool guy. Then we did some finding and talking to people. For dinner me and Elder Wade made some fettuccine Alfredo. It was grand! Then some contacting at the mall. We had it easy for one part because someone came up to us and asked what we were about and we got his info and they will go and teach him.  

     Sunday, the Sabbath Day. We went to church and at like 10:00 and there were only like 50 people but at like 10:25 there was like 90. We had some lunch and visited a former investigator then it was dinner. I made orange chicken, rice and onions and peppers. Then we went to a members home to read and then saw Brother FE. I am finally getting over my stuffed nose troubles but who knows! 

Have a blessed week y'all
Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers


Look... Green for St Pat's Day

I ate fake potatoes... not too bad!

Chicken cordon blue and fake potatoes...YUM

Protein Shakes!







No comments:

Post a Comment