Thursday 13 April 2017

My last Supper ....Week 42 in Monroe

     Last Monday for Prep Day we went to a members home to play board games and I did not win a single game! Then we tried to see a recent convert, after we were able to see our other recent convert Brother FE.

     Tuesday we served at the food pantry and it was great! I got to take home 2 containers of strawberry's so that was cool! I also took another gallon of milk. Fun fact... in the last three months I have had a gallon of milk each week but have only paid for one... it has been real. We did some finding and that evening we had three members show up for the cookie visit. That was great and we continued to find out that people no longer live in the ward but also had some good visits.

     Wednesday for District meeting we learned about keeping our finding short but powerful. After district meeting we saw a few people and then we had a dinner appointment in Dundee so we drove there. It was pouring rain after dinner. We called the potential that we found that afternoon and she answered and then hung up, so we tried to contact the recent convert who we didn't see on Monday and we tried to confirm but she didn't answer. It can be quite frustrating. 

     The next day we had a lesson scheduled at noon so we moved our service to the afternoon but showed up early because the lesson cancelled. It was pouring rain again and we got pretty wet when we were taking things out to the dumpster. Later we had our dinner and some study and we saw brother FE. 

     Friday during weekly planning Elder Coles did some packing and then we did some finding. After, we travelled to a members to teach the restoration and that was good. Then we tried to volunteer at the soup kitchen but they didn't need our help, so we talked to people. We had companion study and then we travelled to Riverview to begin an exchange. Also, I got the call that I will be leaving the area.

     Saturday we started off finding then we went to a Chinese buffet to celebrate and then we continued finding until dinner and then more finding!

     Sunday was fast & testimony and it was great. I have been in Monroe 294 days after I go. Today I packed a little and then I had 'My Last Supper' with a family in the ward.. Brother & Sister H. It was awesome and I will miss them! We taught a member restoration lesson and that went great, then went to say goodbye to Brother FE and a couple other people. 

The people of Monroe have been very good to me and I will miss them! Stay tuned to see where I will go....

Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers



My 'Twin'   Elder Schone

our serious look


Some good times spent here

Back: Elder Schone, Elder Rodgers, Elder Cole
Front: Elder Wade, Elder Jolley








No comments:

Post a Comment