Thursday, 25 May 2017

MOMMY'S DAY ...Week 5 in Lapeer

     To start off the week we went to Port Huron for PDAY. We went to a China buffet for lunch which was awesome to say the least, then we played games as a district and had a great time doing so. It was the first time this transfer that I could play the settlers so that was exiting. That night me and Elder Wood exchanged and we went out to talk to people it was a good night.

     Tuesday, the next day the exchange continued. We had a lesson with their investigator and talked about tithing and how it can bless us as we faithfully pay it. I can say that I know tithing is great, though it may be hard, the blessings far out weigh the struggle to pay. Then that evening we came back to Lapeer to contact. 

     District meeting was Wednesday so we drove to St Clair. Today we helped the other Elders out. The meeting was great and we all learned about accountability. We need to be accountable and it is fun to be accountable to people as well. I would say that its been good so far. Later that night we had correlation and we stopped by an investigator. 

     Thursday we went out to serve at Habitat for Humanity, It was good. Then we read the Book of Mormon with someone, and then some contacting. 

     Fridays Weekly Planning was good. As a result of planning we decided to ask and pray for referrals. We are exited to see the results of this. That evening we went to the soup kitchen to volunteer and it was great. That night we went to contact down in another town and talked to people. 

     Saturday was spent contacting. We tried to set up appointments but no one wanted the truth I guess. 

     Sunday was the highlight of the week. We got to attend church and then have dinner with a member before I would Skype home. But back to dinner... I had lobster tail for the first time in my life! It was good and the way they made it  was "spicy" but good. I also had steak, it was good too! Then I got to see my family for the first time in a while so that was Amazing. I saw mommy, daddy, and my  brothers, truly the best part of the week! As I close I leave you with this quote. 

"Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of both the mother who bore us and the mothers who bear with us.”

Happy Mothers Day

Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers


Miss that smile!


Some good laughs with Brad
Missing Parker with us today but a good visit!


Brads mothers day note to his mom

With Elder Meyer


A delicious creation

Loves his new fidget













No comments:

Post a Comment