The next highlight we go contacting and I introduce myself to a person in the store and she actually thought I was asking her out, no way gross it was supper awkward! Then later she was staring at me... weird.
Next event of the week was TRANSFERS ....WHAT A BLESSING! We had a member drive us and get me a new companion who goes my the name of ELDER SHULTZ from Smithfield Utah. When we got back we had a 4th of July breakfast. I told them they were 3 days late but no one was buying it. The next highlight I wish to address was District meeting. It was a lit one with a lot of laughter and learning and a good discussion on repentance.
Another highlight was Thursday morning when we went down to the temple with Mike, a member who we have spent some prep days with and some Sundays with and some dinners with. Anyways, we were able to go to the Temple in Bloomfield, it was a great morning. After he took us out to Taco Bell (my favorite fast food joint) Another event of the day was that evening we taught a member the restoration.
The highlight I wish to address next is when we served at the soup kitchen. It was a great experience and I always enjoy serving. I would like to share a paragraph from preach my gospel related to service. " One of the great blessings of membership in the church is the opportunity to serve. When we give loving service to others, we are serving God. When we are baptized, we covenant to give such service (see Mosiah 18: 8-10) We are able to become aware of others' physical and spiritual needs. We then give of our time, talents and means to help meet those needs. we follow the example of the Savior, who came to serve others. We are to do what Jesus did and become like Him." So as members and in general what a blessing it can be to serve.
The next highlight I want to share I think tops the week and maybe even all mission highlights. We were told to travel to the Westland Stake Center. For us it was a 2 hour commute but the speaker was worth it. He goes by the name of "Dieter F Uchtdorf", It was amazing! Before he spoke we got to shake The Hand Of A Special Witness of Jesus Christ. Here a few highlights from what he said.
- We are a part of the restoration of the gospel. The end of the restoration occurs when the Savior returns.
- Know your purpose and wax strong in the Lord (D&C 121:45).
- Continue on, don’t turn away, 4th floor last door will come.
- Endure to the end.
- Don’t underestimate the impact you will have as a missionary.
- Preach My Gospel will tell you what to do!
- “Your obligation is as serious in your sphere of responsibility as is my obligation in my sphere” President Gordon B. Hinckley (PMG pg13). Your service is as significant as the prophet… make sure you remember that.
- The Father’s work and glory is what you and I are doing now!
- Move forward with Faith.
- Help each other and we will succeed.
- When we repent He will not remember our sins.
- Clear things up and trust in the Lord.
- Three times he said “The Lord is pleased with your sacrifice.
It was an amazing meeting!
The next highlight was our Sunday where we visited 4 member family's and taught the restoration to some and the plan of salvation to others. It was filled with lots of teaching the doctrine of Christ.
I hope y'all have a great week and enjoy whatever weather we may receive!
Lots of Love
|Elder Shultz and I at the Temple|
|After meeting with President Uchtdorf|
|My new shoes!|