Friday 22 September 2017

75 on I-75 ...Week 23 in Lapeer

     In 1st Corinthians 13:2-3 we read (2)And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.(3)And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. This scripture was shared by Elder Bennett on Friday and has really been a scripture I have pondered these last few days. It really hit me on the NEED we have to develop this attribute. Also I have enjoyed the talk given by President Thomas Monson in the most recent general conference called Kindness, Charity & Love  where he spoke on the gift of Charity. 

     This week has been good, some highlights of the week include.. Monday I took a nap and it was great! This week was also full of service, we had the opportunity to serve at the food pantry again and help out there one morning. Then they gave us some food in return, it was very generous of them. 

     On Wednesday this week District meeting was cancelled, in turn we were asked to study Charity found in Chapter 6 of Preach my gospel. It's a great section and what will happen when we develop this gift. 

     Friday was a great day filled with spiritual insights and a drive to continue to the end.  In the morning we had to drive to Southfield to the chapel and since I'm the driver I got to drive down the freeway and very close to Detroit. I was driving 75 on I-75 ! It was crazy and a first time for me driving on such a large scale. Elder Bennett came and from 9-4:30 he spoke then 45 min for lunch. Then he was non stop, he spoke of the lies that Satan can place in us and the need we have to not believe him. He also spoke how to gain a desire to work then believe on how you can and then ACT. It was helpful. Another thing he mentioned was that if we read daily from the Book of Mormon especially, and pray morning and night and attend the temple we will not go astray but we will receive exaltation. It was a great meeting. By the time we said goodbye to other missionaries it was 4:45 so on the drive home it was so backed up with traffic heading north, it was rush hour on Deerfoot in comparison. It added 40 min to our travel! A long driving day. 

I hope y'all have a great week and  I would invite you all to study Charity because without it, like the apostle Paul said... we are NOTHING! 

Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers

Elder Rodgers & Elder Weinand

traffic on I-75


"Heaven on a plate"







No comments:

Post a Comment