Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Call To Serve ...Week 24 in Lapeer

     What a week! We started off in Port Huron playing games with our district and having a great time, because that's what it's all about on preparation day! Then we came back to Lapeer to Contact. 
     
     But now for the highlights of the week.... one of the highlights was serving at the Food Pantry two days this week for a little bit in the morning. I love it there and they love having us there and its a great way to be in the service of our fellow brothers and sisters. 
    
     The next highlight this week was when we went with a member of the ward to visit some less actives and deliver cookies. It was alright, this time the people that answered were not the people we were looking for, they were friends, but ya cant win em all! 

     Another great part of the week was the last District meeting of the transfer. We discussed what we learned from the Elder Bennett meeting and it was good. The insights were great! One insight that stood out to me is that the adversary will lie to us and make us want to follow the lie, even though its a lie. So we need to be aware of the lies of the adversary. After that was a long drive and wait at the mission office to get our TIWI replaced because she was acting up, she was turning off and on every few minutes.

     The next best thing was transfer calls! I don't have to pack just yet, I have to wait I guess. That's great cause I didn't wan to leave! So Elder Weinand and Elder Rodgers will be staying in Lapeer. 
     
    Then Saturday after some contacting The Call To Serve came from president Cleveland asking me to serve as a District Leader! I was caught off guard, mainly because I'm an old missionary, but hey I guess on the bright side it will help me have responsibility and stay more focused so that is a win.

     Sunday was great, it was fast and testimony meeting. That was a great meeting and it was the first time in a while I got up and actually did it. Later we had a good correlation meeting and a great night.

Lots Of Love, and Laughs and Lollipops  
Elder Rodgers 


His working hard face. At the food pantry.

Elder Weinand has a working hard face too!

Food Panrty

Driving!

Still way hot here!

Foe Dad!







No comments:

Post a Comment