Thursday 16 November 2017

Halloween Scare ...Week 30 in Lapeer

     On Monday our preparation was great! Once again I come to the realization that my mission "P-Days" are limited..... but soon they will be unlimited! We went to the Chinese buffet #yummy and then we went to Great Lakes Crossings Outlet for a fun mall trip.

     Tuesday, Elder Myers and I exchanged. It went good but the highlight was that evening we ended the exchange, it was a highlight because I didn't want to exchange and it was over now.  Elder Jones and myself wanted to go checkout some graffiti so we drove down the big lake in Lapeer.  We walked to the path that leads to the graffiti and we were not sure if we should go but being missionaries we felt tough, so we walked further and then we felt an impression to leave, so no, there was no Halloween Scare tonight! So we went back to the apartment and in the morning we went back and felt better about being there. 

     Another great part of my week was district meeting. We discussed how to begin teaching points. It was helpful. Then I did some "my plan" (my plan is what missionaries going home do to prepare for the world) and that was FUN. 

     Another part of my week that was good was Friday we had service at the food pantry and the soup kitchen. I love it! The opportunity we have to reach out to the community is such a blessing, we have so much doing that

     Saturday was fun. We had a thunderstorm while we were in a Lesson with a less active family. The thunder was loud, but our lesson went well with the family. Unfortunately, they still didn't come to church. A spiritual highlight I had was... I was in the isle at Walmart and walked by a lady and her child and felt prompted to talk to her so walked back and shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon. We set up an appointment to see her Sunday afternoon but when we showed up no one decided to answer. The moral of the story was that I needed to act on the prompting, even though nothing came of it physically, spiritually I gained the Lord's trust. 

Lots of Love, Laughs and Lolipops
Elder Rodgers



On the roof of the tunnel

Graffiti 









No comments:

Post a Comment