Monday 18 December 2017

Seeking Charity, For Without It We Are Nothing ...Week 36 in Lapeer

     Well my spiritual insight this week was what our mission president had to say at our Christmas zone conference. 'When you are filled with charity, you obey God’s commandments and do all you can to serve others and help them receive the restored gospel….Charity is a gift from God.' The prophet Mormon said that we should "pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that [we] may be filled with this love" (Moroni 7:48). As you follow this counsel and strive to do righteous works, your love for all people will increase, especially those among whom you labor.….You will come to feel a sincere concern for the eternal welfare and happiness of other people. You will see them as children of God with the potential of becoming like our Heavenly Father, and you will labor in their behalf. You will avoid negative feelings such as anger, envy, lust, or covetousness. You will avoid judging others, criticizing them, or saying negative things about them. You will try to understand them and their points of view. You will be patient with them and try to help them when they are struggling or discouraged. I know I have echoed Charity before but this is what I really struggle with and am striving to develop it even more then I have now. 

     Tuesday and Friday were the last opportunity I  had to serve at the food pantry here in Lapeer. It has truly been a blessing to serve.

     Wednesday was a snow day, as in we received 6+ inches of snow. It was wonderful and because it was a little cold outside and I'm going home I bought the ingredients for a taco soup for Elder Weinand to make, it was great!

     The highlight of the week was our Christmas Zone Conference. It was great to be with some other Elders and see them before I go home. In summary, this week we received 7+inches of snow and I had to write a talk for  Sunday and pack. 

     The talk I gave was good and a member of the ward asked for a copy of the talk, that's a first! I'm packed and suitcases are in under weight. I am ready to dip out and begin my the next chapter of my life. See ya soon!

If you want to continue to email me, my email will change to    hockeyman_642@hotmail.com 


Lots of Love
Elder Rodgers

on way to zone party

not bringing these shoes home

taco soup is gone

yummm!

ready for home!










No comments:

Post a Comment